This year Dale City Swim Team (Frogs) are hosting the Prince William Swim League – Green Division Championship at the frog pond (Birchdale Pool). We will be competing against Brookside (Hurricanes) and Meadowbrook (Makos).
Visiting Teams: DCST Welcome Letter for visiting teams
Birchdale (DCST) pool located at: 14730 Birchdale Ave, Dale City, VA 22193
Below is lots of useful information so that Divisional can go smoothly.
Team Area Assignments
The Dale City Frogs (DCST) Team area will be in the grassy area inside the pool fence, the grassy area immediately adjacent to the outside the pool fence and a section of the parking lot near concessions (see map).
Logistics for Swimmers and Families
- Please Carpool if you can.
- Heat Sheets will be sold at apparel (near concessions) for $5.
- Playground next to team area will NOT be supervised. If you allow your children to play there, you are responsible for them. We ask swimmers to stay off playground.
- It is swimmers’ responsibility to get to the appropriate Clerk of Course on time for events so they are not scratched.
Parking at the Birchdale pool lot will be restricted to only those with a parking pass due to the limited number of spaces available in the pool lot. No one can park in the Birchdale Pool lot without a pass. Additionally, due to swimmer safety; the parking lot will be closed at 6:30am. No car may exit the parking lot until the conclusion of the meet.
- Street parking is available on Birchdale Ave & other roads in the neighborhood near the pool.
- Turley Field (15011 Birchdale Ave, Dale City, VA 22193) – 30 parking spaces available in baseball field lot directly across from pool. Drive down Birchdale Ave past the buildings to the entrance to the parking lot (see parking map)
- Good Shepherd United Methodist Church (14999 Birchdale Ave, Dale City, VA 22193) – has about 150 parking spaces, the church lot is directly across Dale Blvd. from pool (see parking map).
- Dale City Elementary School (14450 Brook Dr, Woodbridge, VA 22193) – has over 60 parking spaces about a 0.6 mile walk (see map).
- Do not park in non-designated parking areas, such as town home parking spots. Please be careful not to block driveways, and you are required by law to park 15’ from an intersection.
- Do not park on Dale Blvd. An officer will be checking. Illegally parked cars will be ticketed.
- Do not block or park in yellow-lane area or driveway at dog-leg of lot by DC Football Building.
Dropping Swimmers Off
Do not drop off in condo lot across the street.
A drop-off area at the beginning of the parking lot will be available to drop off your swimmers or equipment. This designated area used to turn around and drop off is shown on the map. There will be Parking marshals to ensure smooth operation of the drop off area. Please be aware of other’s needing to use this turnaround and be quick. This area is Not temporary parking while you set up your tent, it is only for unloading of swimmers or equipment. This is the only designated drop off area. It will close at 6:35& those spots will be used by reserved parking passes.
The deck is accessible to officials, coaching staff, team photographers and volunteers for that shift ONLY. No one who is not performing a meet shift job will be allowed on the deck area. Marshals will be posted at the entry point for enforcement. Swimmers allowed on deck only for their swims or for relay organization.
Deck access badges will be issued by our volunteer coordinator Sara Martin to each volunteer before their shift. The badges are to be worn by the volunteers during the shift they are working. The badges are to be returned to Sara immediately upon completion of a shift. The badges should not be shared or worn by anyone not work at the meet. Anyone not wearing a badge will not be admitted onto the pool deck.
Spectators must stay outside of the fences on the pool deck. There will be designated viewing areas (including 3 bleachers). Swimmers and spectators will not be allowed to setup camp inside the bleacher’s viewing area. Spectators may stay to watch their swimmers, then please move on to make room for others spectators to view their swimmers.
Absolutely no photography or video recording of any kind allowed behind the starting blocks when the swimmers are set to begin a heat (photography and video recordings are allowed during and after the race). Marshals will supervise these areas. NOTE: The spectator bleachers are directly behind the starting area for 25M events and photography during the start of each heat will not be allowed from the stands for those events.
These areas are available for restroom use:
- The Pool bathrooms are only available for swimmers and those volunteers serving on deck during their shift.
- Spectator bathrooms – VERY CLEAN Port-a-potties (including an ADA accessible potty) are located outside the pool area in the parking lot (see map, labeled RR).
At 6:30 am the parking will be closed for the remainder of the meet. Marshals will watch the pool lot. Traffic control will be provided by Prince William Country Police department at the conclusion of the meet at the intersection of Birchdale Ave. and Dale Blvd.