May 24, 2018
The 2018 season is upon us! Practices begin Tuesday, May 29!
First week of practice:
- Swimmers 8 & under should arrive at: 6:00 pm
- Swimmers 9-12 should arrive at: 7:00 pm
- Swimmers 13 and over should arrive at: 8:00 pm
The first week of practice is for evaluation of each swimmer by the coaches. During this week Coach Pam will provide swimmers (& parent) with their practice groups for the summer.
Dryland practice will begin the 2nd week of practice. Times are available in the Parent Handbook.
8 & Under age group practice
- Swim: 6:15-7:00 pm (M-Th)
- Dryland: 7:00 -7:30 pm (M-Th) (beginning in June)
- Swim: 11:00-11:30 am (Fridays, beginning June 15)
9-12 age group practice
- Swim 7:00 – 8:00 pm (M-Th)
- Dryland: 8:00 – 8:30 pm (M-Th) (beginning in June)
- Swim 9:00-10:00am (Fridays, beginning June 15)
13 & Over age group practice
- Dryland: 7:30 – 8:00pm (M-Th) (beginning in June)
- Swim: 8:00 – 9:00pm
- Swim: 8:00-9:00 am (Fridays, beginning June 15)
Please attend one of these two meetings.
- Monday, June 4, at 6:20pm
- Thursday, June 7, at 7:30
Swim Meet Schedule:
- June 9 – Time Trial @ Birchdale Pool
- June 16 – Ridgewood @ DCST
- June 23 – Stonewall @DCST
- July 7 – DCST @ Lake Ridge
- July 14 – DCST @ Meadowbrook
- July 21 – Dominion Valley @ DCST
- July 28 – Divisional Meet @ DCST
Please remember our requirement for volunteering (one shift per meet/per family). See the Parent Handbook. You will receive an email the week of each meet where you can choose the volunteer position for the upcoming meet.
Messages will be sent out via Team Snap should there be inclement weather that would cancel or delay practice. Please be aware we do not make a call on practice changes until late in the day (close to start of practice.) You do not need to contact the BOD – they are watching the weather and will notify everyone as soon as possible.
Frog Team Swim Suits:
If you missed the swim suit try-ons we held during the pre-season and still want to purchase a team suit, we’ll be sizing swimmers during the first week of practice. Please come to the apparel table (usually set up just inside the gate to the pool) to have your swimmer sized for a swim suit. Cost: females – $46.37; males – $40.28
Fabulous Frog Team Towel:
Our personalized Frog towels are the most fabulous towels around! If you haven’t already indicated you want to purchase one (cost – $30-$35), please come by the apparel table during the first week of practice (or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your desired personalization). Orders will be placed the week of June 4 (we need a minimum of 50 to place an order and we are almost there). Payments will be taken once the order has been placed
Other Apparel items:
Please stop by the apparel table during the first week of practice to see what we have for sale or will be ordering (goggles, sweats, RTIC tumblers, visors/ball caps, car magnets, shirts, practice swim caps, etc).
We look forward to see back at the Frog Pond on Tuesday!
Jerome Martin, President